Alex claims 16th in wet Daytona Sportbike race one at Road America!

In a wet and frigid Daytona Sportbike race one from Road America I had my best finish of the season. During Fridays qualifying session I ended up putting my TriangleCycles.com Yamaha R6 in 38th position on the grid. Saturday came and so did the rains bringing with it the challenges of a wet race. The race started and I had a great run into turn one putting me into 22 place by the end of the first lap. This race was a battle of attrition and resulted in about 16 crashes. I went in the race with a game plan and a really good pace. I felt really comfortable on the bike and we had a good setup. The pace was fast and the track was extremely slippery which was why there where so many wrecks. After 13 laps of carnage the checkered flag flew and I brought it home in 16th place! This was our best result of the season and my Dad and I were really happy. I would like to thank my dad most of all for the amazing effort and support. He has worked really hard and continues to develop our effort into a competitive team. I would also like to thank all of my sponsors TriangleCycles.com, Arai helmets, EBC brakes, and Silkolene Racing Lubricants who have helped with our effort this season. Also a special thanks to Ed Sorbo for his wisdom and advice.